7:00 p.m. -- 10:30 p.m.*
Brooktrails Community Center
24850 Birch Street
A. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Presiding Officer will lead Board members and the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. ROLL CALL
The Presiding Officer will call the meeting to order and call the roll of members to determine the presence of a quorum.
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION
C. ADDITIONS/ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
The Presiding Officer will determine if Board members wish to add an item or make an adjustment to the agenda.
D. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS
1. The Board will approve, or amend and approve, the minutes of previous meetings, including:
E. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
July 12, 2005
F. PUBLIC HEARING
G. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be invited to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda. The Board cannot act on items brought up at this time. Speakers may be limited to five minutes.
H. CONSENT CALENDAR
2. Review of Accounts Payable report and authorization to issue checks ( 5 minutes)
I. ACTION AGENDA
4. Consideration of Annual Financial Statements -- Solid Waste of Willits. Jerry Ward will be present to discuss and answer questions. (15 minutes)
J. ADDITIONS TO FUTURE AGENDAS
5. Flynn/Austin Greenbelt Parking/Land Exchange -- Recommendations and request for Board review, direction and approval. (30 minutes)
6. Consideration of Ohl Redwood Grove restroom bids (5 minutes)
7. Consideration of prioritization of development goals -- Ohl Grove (20 minutes)
8. Consideration regarding District Projects and Priorities (15 minutes)
9. City of Willits Sewer - Adoption of historical flow percentage as basis for estimated monthly payments
The Board may specify items to be added to future agendas.
- K. SPECIAL REPORTS
- (a) Reports from Directors
- (b) Report from District Counsel
- (c) The General Manager will report on significant activities within the District, including but not limited to the following:
- i. Significant correspondence received since last meeting
- ii. Personnel
- iii. Finance
- iv. Planning
- v. Possible upcoming agenda items:
- Annual Sheriff's report
- Report from Fire Chief -- evacuation routes
- Lot abatement discussion
- Greenbelt public meeting - Sat. 8/27
- Flynn land exchange - resolution
- Alexander waiver consideration
- Duffy waiver consideration
- Annual indebtedness and investment review
- Greenbelt / Recreation Committee update
- Tom Herman City of Willits sewer project update
Terry Krieg -- CPA, FY 2003-04 audit
- Specific Plan Advisory Committee annual report (9/17)
- 2nd Lake Emily capacity report -- Estabrook
- Community Forum Meeting (9/17)
- Review of job description/compensation project
- Changes to personnel policies
L. PUBLIC COMMENTS
- vi. Other
Audience members will be afforded a second opportunity to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda; the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time; speakers may be limited to five minutes.
The Board will consider a motion to adjourn.
NOTE: UPCOMING MEETINGS
August 23, 2005 (only one meeting in August)
September 13, 2005
Monday, September 5, 2005 (Labor Day)
NOTE: RIGHT OF APPEAL. Persons who are dissatisfied with decisions of the Board of Directors may have the right to review of that decision by a state court. The District has adopted Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure, which generally limits to 90 days the time within which decisions of the District's Board and agencies may be judicially challenged in state court.
Last Resolution Adopted: 2005-18 Last Ordinance Adopted: 129
*Pursuant to Section 3.18 of Ordinance No. 93, if consideration of all matters on the agenda is not complete by 10:30 p.m., the President shall adjourn to the next regular meeting, at which time those matters shall be taken up for consideration first; except that upon motion of the Board, the meeting may be extended beyond 10:30 p.m. to a stated time.
NOTE: The meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you are a person with a disability and you need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact Lily Phoenix at (707) 459-2494 or FAX (707) 459-0358. Requests for such modifications or accommodations must be made at least two full business days before the start of the meeting.