REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
BROOKTRAILS TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BROOKTRAILS COMMUNITY CENTER
24850 Birch Street, Willits, CA 95490
March 9, 2004
Anticipated Litigation - Conference with Legal Counsel - One potential case
(Closed Session per Government Code Section 54956.9(b))
Meet & Confer with Labor Negotiator: Mike Chapman
|24860 Birch Street
(Closed Session, per Government Code Section 54957.6)
|7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
|Brooktrails Community Center
|24850 Birch Street
A. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Presiding Officer will lead Board members and the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. ROLL CALL
The Presiding Officer will call the meeting to order and call the roll of members to determine the presence of a quorum.
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION
C. ADDITIONS/ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
The Presiding Officer will determine if Board members wish to add an item or make an adjustment to the Agenda.
D. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS
1. The Board will approve or amend and approve, the minutes of previous meetings, including:
February 24, 2004
E. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
F. PUBLIC HEARING
G. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be invited to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda. The Board cannot act on items brought up at this time. Speakers may be limited to five minutes.
H. CONSENT CALENDAR (5 minutes)
2. Review of Accounts Payable report and authorization to issue checks.
I. ACTION AGENDA
3. Receipt of Fire Department Annual Report for 2003. Fire Chief (25 minutes)
J. SPECIAL REPORTS
Daryl Schoeppner will present his annual report of incidents
handled by the Brooktrails Fire Department in 2003.
4. Consideration of the purchase of a fire truck and "jaws of life". (5 minutes)
(This is a follow-up from the 2/24/04 meeting.) Proposal is to
approve or deny the purchases by motion.
5. Brooktrails/Sylvandale/Spring Creek Fire Safe Council (30 minutes) presentation and consideration of District collaboration on
6. Receive and accept water quantity and water quality test report (15 minutes)
on Well #1.
7. Declare one lot on Poppy Drive as surplus property, declare (15 minutes)
notice of intention to sell and set conditions of sale.
General Manager will report on significant activities within the District, including but not limited to the following:
i. Significant Correspondence received since last meeting Oscar Larson & Associates Dredging Project handout
Receive and file Safety Committee minutes for June 3, 2003 and September 8, 2003.
- February warrants
- Receipt of CFIP grant for greenbelt management plan
v. Possible upcoming agenda items
- Special Presentation - Oscar Larson & Associates (Dredging Project)
- Golf Course Proposal Finalization
- Fire Tax Question for November
- Preliminary FY2004-05 Budget Matters
- Water/Sewer Standby Availability vs. Rates - Scheduling
K. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be afforded a second opportunity to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda; the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time, speakers may be limited to five minutes.
The Board will consider a motion to adjourn.
NOTE: UPCOMING MEETINGS
Saturday, March 13, 2004 - Annual Planning Session
March 23, 2004
April 13, 2004
Saturday, April 17, 2004 - Special Meeting: Rates & Fees - Annual Budget Session
Good Friday, 4/9/04
(District Office closes at 2:00 p.m.)
NOTE: RIGHT OF APPEAL. Persons who are dissatisfied with decisions of the Board of Directors may have the right to review of that decision by a state court. The District has adopted Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure which generally limits to 90 days the time within which decisions of the District's Board and agencies may be judicially challenged in state court.
Last Resolution Adopted: 2004-4 Last Ordinance Adopted: 123
*Pursuant to Section 3.18 of Ordinance No. 93, if consideration of all matters on the agenda is not complete by 10:30 p.m., the President shall adjourn to the next regular meeting, at which time those matters shall be taken up for consideration first; except that upon motion of the Board, the meeting may be extended beyond 10:30 p.m. to a stated time.