6:30 p.m. Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation
CLOSED SESSION BTCSD vs. L. White
District Office (Closed Session per Government Code Section 54956.9)
24860 Birch Street
7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
Brooktrails Community Center
24850 Birch Street
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION
The Presiding Officer will report on action taken in closed session.
A. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Presiding Officer will lead Board members and the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. ROLL CALL
The Presiding Officer will call the meeting to order and call the roll of members to determine the presence of a quorum.
C. ADDITIONS/ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
The Presiding Officer will determine if Board members wish to add an item or make an adjustment to the Agenda.
D. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS (5 minutes)
1. The Board will approve or amend and approve, the minutes of previous meetings, including:
December 11, 2001
December 27, 2002
E. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
F. PUBLIC HEARING
2. RATE INCREASES PROPOSED BY SOLID WASTES OF WILLITS, INC. The Board will take public testimony regarding the rate increases proposed by Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc. for garbage collection service in the District effective
February 2, 2002. Proposed action is to adopt new rates by Resolution. (30 minutes)
G. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be invited to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda, the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time; speakers may be limited to five minutes.
H. ACTION AGENDA
3. Routine Items - These items will be acted upon by a single motion, unless a specific item is removed by a Board member: (10 minutes)
a) Review of Accounts Payable and authorization to issue checks.
b) Annual Report of Officer and Employee Expense Reimbursement. Each year the Board reviews payments made to Officers and Employees.
4. Review of the 2001 Domestic Water System Inspection Report from the Department of Health. (30 minutes)
5. Report of Water Processed versus Water Sold. (30 minutes)
6. Discussion of response to Annual Audit conducted by Robert Hubik, CPA.
I. SPECIAL REPORTS
General Manager will report on significant activities within the District including but not limited to the following:
i. Significant Correspondence received since last meeting:
iii. Finance (1 minute)
iv. Planning (5 minutes)
Schedule Annual Planning Session
v. Possible upcoming agenda items (5 minutes)
1) Discussion of parking issues, fog lines and center lines.
2) Discussion and scheduling of a workshop with One Town One Vision and Rails to Trails regarding the Willits Trail project.
J. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be afforded a second opportunity to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda; the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time, speakers may be limited to five minutes.
The Board will consider a motion to adjourn.
NOTE: UPCOMING MEETINGS
January 22, 2002
February 12, 2002
February 26, 2002
January 21, 2002 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
February 12, 2002 - Lincoln's Birthday
February 18, 2002 - Presidents Day
NOTE: RIGHT OF APPEAL. Persons who are dissatisfied with decisions of the Board of Directors may have the right to review of that decision by a state court. The District has adopted Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure which generally limits to 90 days the time within which decisions of the District's Board and agencies may be judicially challenged in state court.
Last Resolution Adopted: 2001-35 Last Ordinance Adopted: 117
*Pursuant to Section 3.18 of Ordinance No. 93, if consideration of all matters on the agenda is not complete by 10:30 p.m., the President shall adjourn to the next regular meeting, at which time those matters shall be taken up for consideration first; except that upon motion of the Board, the meeting may be extended beyond 10:30 p.m. to a stated time.