6:30 p.m. Annual Review of District Counsel Contract
CLOSED SESSION (Closed Session, per Government Code Section 54957)
District Office - 24860 Birch Street
7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
Brooktrails Community Center - 24850 Birch Street
A. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Presiding Officer will lead Board members and the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. ROLL CALL
The Presiding Officer will call the meeting to order and call the roll of members to determine the presence of a quorum.
C. ADDITIONS/ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
The Presiding Officer will determine if Board members wish to add an item or make an adjustment to the Agenda.
D. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS
1. The Board will approve or amend and approve, the minutes of previous meetings, including:
September 18, 2001
September 25, 2001
E. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
F. PUBLIC HEARING
2. Hearing on Abatement Expense; Approximately 63 lots were cleared by contractors. Notices with the cost were mailed to all of the owners. The Director of Emergency Services will present his written itemized report showing cost of abating public nuisances, after which the Board will hear any objections from property owners. The Board may modify the report before confirming the cost and adopting the Resolution of Confirmation.
G. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be invited to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda, the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time; speakers may be limited to five minutes.
H. ACTION AGENDA
3. Routine Items - These items will be acted upon by a single motion, unless a specific item is removed by a Board member:
a) Renewal of agreement with Brooktrails Firefighters Association.
b) Acceptance of one donated lot on Blue Lake Terrace from Thomas and Jean Hess.
4. Continued discussion of proposed Fire Tax rates (draft 2) for the March 5, 2002 election. The Board will finalize the proposed rates for incorporation into a draft Ordinance to be introduced at the October 23, 2001 meeting.
5. Review of Hazard Abatement standards and notice to be mailed to property owners regarding Phase II hazard abatement program.
6. Discussion of correspondence received from the City of Willits concerning Sewer infiltration.
7. Discussion of the District's Permit from the Division of Water Resources limiting water connections to 2,000.
8. Further Consideration of a draft budget for the Per Capita Grant of $30,000 to be used for recreation projects.
I. SPECIAL REPORTS
General Manager will report on significant activities within the District including but not limited to the following:
i. Significant Correspondence received since last meeting:
September warrants and Accounts Payable report
v. Possible upcoming agenda items
J. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be afforded a second opportunity to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda; the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time, speakers may be limited to five minutes.
The Board will consider a motion to adjourn.
NOTE: UPCOMING MEETINGS
October 23, 2001
November 13, 2001
December 11, 2001
November 22, 2001 - Thanksgiving Day
(Note: the District office will be closed November 22nd & 23rd)
December 25, 2001 - Christmas Day
(Note: the District office will be closed December 25th & 26th)
NOTE: RIGHT OF APPEAL. Persons who are dissatisfied with decisions of the Board of Directors may have the right to review of that decision by a state court. The District has adopted Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure which generally limits to 90 days the time within which decisions of the District's Board and agencies may be judicially challenged in state court.
Last Resolution Adopted: 2001-27 Last Ordinance Adopted: 116
*Pursuant to Section 3.18 of Ordinance No. 93, if consideration of all matters on the agenda is not complete by 10:30 p.m., the President shall adjourn to the next regular meeting, at which time those matters shall be taken up for consideration first; except that upon motion of the Board, the meeting may be extended beyond 10:30 p.m. to a stated time.