Give Direction to Real Estate Negotiator (General Manager)
re: Sections 28 & 29, Township 19 North, Range 14 West, MDB&M
24860 Birch Street
(Closed Session, per Government Code Section 54956.8)
Meet & Confer with Labor Negotiator: Mike Chapman Employees Organization,
General Employee Representatives Unrepresented Employees, Superintendent of Utilities
(Closed Session, per Government Code Section 54957.6)
Conference with Legal Counsel - Existing Litigation:
Brooktrails Township CSD vs. Lawrence L. White
Mendocino County Superior Court Case No.01-85737
(Closed session pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a))
7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
Brooktrails Community Center
24850 Birch Street
A. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Presiding Officer will lead Board members and the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. ROLL CALL
The Presiding Officer will call the meeting to order and call the roll of members to determine the presence of a quorum.
C. ADDITIONS/ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
The Presiding Officer will determine if Board members wish to add an item or make an adjustment to the Agenda.
D. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS
1. The Board will approve or amend and approve, the minutes of previous meetings, including:
May 22, 2001
June 12, 2001
E. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
F. PUBLIC HEARING
2. Hearing on Water Availability Charges; each year the District sends notices to owners of all parcels eligible for water service advising them the Board will hold a hearing on whether or not the proposed application of water availability charge to their lot is correct; this is not a hearing on rates; lots which do not pay availability charges are not eligible for water; funds are used to pay for maintenance of a system designed to serve 5,000+ lots, but which has only 1,375 connections.
3. Hearing on Sewer Standby Charges; the District each year advertises a hearing on whether or not the proposed application of sewer standby charges to the lots within the District eligible for sewer service is correct; this is not a hearing on the rates; lots which do not pay standby charges are not eligible for sewer; the funds are used to pay for maintenance of a system designed to serve 4,000+ lots, but which has only 1,290 connections.
G. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be invited to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda, the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time; speakers may be limited to five minutes.
H. ACTION AGENDA
4. Consideration of proposed Ordinance determining and providing for adoption of revised tax for Fire Protection and Prevention, pursuant to Government Code Section 53978, and scheduling a Public Hearing for July 10th.
5. Continued discussion of options to enforce the summer fire abatement program, including the possibility of establishing a volunteer inspection program.
6. Consideration of a Resolution adopting the Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2001-2002.
7. Approval of proposed schedule for amendment to Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) Agreement.
8a. Consideration of a Resolution establishing salary, wage, fringe benefit plan and fee schedule for all employees and officers of the District, effective July 1, 2001.
8b. Consideration of a Resolution setting the annual Appropriations Limit pursuant to Article 13A of the State Constitution.
8c. Consideration of a Resolution approving Brooktrails Township Community Services District to apply for grant funds for the Roberti-Z'Berg-Harris Urban Open Space and Recreation Program under the Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean Air, and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2000.
9. Discussion of topics and date for next focus meeting.
10. Consideration of a request for rehearing the Board's denial of a water meter and sewer service to Lace May Jr. at 2751 Buckeye Road.
11. Consideration of a draft letter to Frank Lynch, County Planning Department, stating the Board's formal position on the Use Permit Application for the Brooktrails Lodge.
I. SPECIAL REPORTS
General Manager will report on significant activities within the District including but not limited to the following:
i. Significant Correspondence received since last meeting:
Request for Action report
v. Possible upcoming agenda items
J. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Audience members will be afforded a second opportunity to speak regarding matters not on the Agenda; the Board cannot act on items brought up at this time, speakers may be limited to five minutes.
The Board will consider a motion to adjourn.
NOTE: UPCOMING MEETINGS
July 10, 2001
July 24, 2001
July 4, 2001 - Independence Day
NOTE: RIGHT OF APPEAL.
Persons who are dissatisfied with decisions of the Board of Directors may have the right to review of that decision by a state court. The District has adopted Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure which generally limits to 90 days the time within which decisions of the District's Board and agencies may be judicially challenged in state court.
Last Resolution Adopted: 2001-10
Last Ordinance Adopted: 116
*Pursuant to Section 3.18 of Ordinance No. 93, if consideration of all matters on the agenda is not complete by 10:30 p.m., the President shall adjourn to the next regular meeting, at which time those matters shall be taken up for consideration first; except that upon motion of the Board, the meeting may be extended beyond 10:30 p.m. to a stated time.